YES, you can rent Ragtag...
to show your own movie, your friend's movie, your favorite movie, or no movie at all. All of our screens are available to rent for private screenings, corporate events, fundraisers, birthday parties, or whatever you can dream up! Contact us to share details and get a rental quote.
But please read this first:
Due to cinema and staff scheduling, we need to receive your request at least a month ahead of time. Requests closer to the requested screening date may be possible to accommodate, but may have added costs as we rearrange scheduling and staffing.
Some requests may incur additional fees.
The theater reserves the right to refuse any rental which Ragtag (in its sole and absolute discretion) determines is not consistent with its mission, may negatively impact its standing or reputation, or may present security concerns.
Cancellation policy: 100% returned with at least 72 hours notice; 50% returned with up to 72 hours notice; no refund if canceled within 24 hours.
If you are a filmmaker wanting to show your film, visit our film screening page.
Now that that's done, some rules and caveats:
- Rentals are subject to availability, and Ragtag Cinema's schedule fills up quickly. Again, you must contact us at least a month in advance.
- Ragtag Cinema will not rent the theater for partisan or political events.
- All food and beverage must be provided by Uprise Bakery. No outside food/drink.
- Any publicity of your event must use Ragtag Cinema's current logo, and must refer to the venue as "Ragtag Cinema" in all instances (not "The Ragtag," "The RagTag theater," etc.).
- If your event is open to the public, Ragtag Cinema will endeavor to promote the event through its channels, but deadlines will be provided and must be followed in order to qualify. Such promotion is subject to availability and not a guarantee.
- Renters may be asked to provide the name and email address of a contact person that can be made public in the event of questions from our customers.
- If you choose to sell tickets through our ticketing system, Ragtag Cinema will manage all aspects of the box office and will retain 5% of all ticket sales to cover credit card processing, staffing, and materials. Ragtag Cinema additionally retains all internet processing fees, which will not factor into gross ticket sales.
- If needed, Ragtag Cinema can secure film rights from distributors on your behalf. Renters will be responsible for any fees associated with the rental process, including but not limited to film rental fees and shipping fees.
- If film rights are not secured by Ragtag Cinema, renters must provide a copy of the film rental agreement to Ragtag at the time of booking.
- Ragtag Cinema requires payment at time of booking for public events.
- Ragtag Cinema's staff must receive the film media at least seven days (one week) in advance.
- Ragtag Cinema reserves the right to play up to three trailers of upcoming films and events before your rental. In this event, only appropriate titles will be promoted.
To inquire about availability, please fill out the form below. If a question of yours has not been answered, please send an email to [email protected].