Overview: The Ragtag Film Society is looking for a motivated sales person with a love for the society’s cultural mission and a passion for energetic, in-person sponsor relations to work alongside the Development & Sponsorship Director in facilitating the growth of the organization’s sponsorship programs. This creative self-starter is primarily responsible for securing cash and trade from a growing base of local and national-level supporters. We strongly encourage people from historically underrepresented communities to apply, particularly: people of color; immigrants; lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer people; and genderqueer, trans, and gender nonconforming people.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2-4 years of sales/sponsorship experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to customer service;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to think critically and creatively;
- Eagerness to learn and affinity for problem solving;
- Computer savvy, including GSuite platforms, Zoom, Slack, and Airtable, and confidence with other database use;
- National industry and local business knowledge and relationships are preferred, but not required;
- A working knowledge of the film industry landscape is a bonus.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist Development & Sponsorship Director in implementing annual sponsorship strategy for the projects of RFS: Ragtag Cinema and True/False Film Fest;
- Collaborate with RFS directors, programmers, and other staff to identify new and exciting ways for sponsors to engage in the Fest and cinema;
- With an emphasis on film industry partners, identify, research, and recruit cash and in-kind sponsors for Ragtag Film Society, creating annual and perennial sponsorships that meet or exceed the organization’s financial goals;
- Create and design partnerships that harmonize with the values of the organization and optimize the customer experience to create sustainable win/win relationships;
- Maintain excellent communication with sponsors before, during, and after activation to ensure expectations are clearly understood by all parties, including staff responsible for implementation;
- Ensure delivery of all contracted benefits across the organization, providing sponsors with proof of performance in a timely and professional manner;
- Input and maintain detailed sponsor information in RFS database;
- Revise, edit, & proofread written materials, including the festival program guide, sponsorship decks, and other pitch materials;
- Contribute to the overall success of RFS’ events and programs as needed.
Compensation and Culture: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and competitive for a full-time, year-round fundraising position with a nonprofit in Columbia, Missouri, in the range of $36-$44k. Salary compensation will be negotiated to consider base salary and commission. This role does require some evening and weekend work, based on special events surrounding the cinema and the festival. We offer health benefits, a results-oriented work environment, flexibility in setting your own schedule, a generous amount of paid time off, and a collaborative culture.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter telling us why you should be our Sponsorship Manager, a resume with three references, and any supplemental details of related experience. Send materials to Barbie Banks: [email protected] Applications will be accepted until July 15, but a hiring decision may be made before that date. The ideal candidate would begin by August 1.